Thursday, December 6, 2007

Meadow Point Elementary's DISTINGUISHED TEACHER OF THE YEAR!!!!

My mom was given the honor of
DISTINGUISHED TEACHER OF THE YEAR
for Meadow Point Elementary this year. She received this honor at her staff meeting after school on Wednesday. She is pictured here with the beautiful flowers from her staff. This begins a year of great celebrations for my mom.

Here are a few details of her events:
February 7, 2008
Grand Tea
Grandview High School

May 8, 2008
Cherry Creek Distinguished
Teacher of the Year
Award Dinner
Holiday Inn Denver Tech Center

Over the course of the school year my mom will update her teaching philosophy, her resume, and write an autobiography. Later this school year she will be interviewed and some of her lessons will be videotaped! The interview and videotape will be used during the award dinner which will honor her and the other teachers in the Cherry Creek School District who are also receiving this honor. She is still trying to comprehend this amazing honor. She feels blessed to work with such amazing teachers and hard working students! I think she is a bit humbled by this experience! My dad and I think she completely deserves it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Shadow! I did not know your Mom received such an impressive award! Tell her congrats from me. I hope she had a swell time in NYC! Love Talia